Katherine L. Petty
Born in Chicago, IL, Katie Petty is employed as an Associate Attorney at Deason Law, P.C. and is licensed to practice law by the State of New York, Appellate Division, 2nd Department. She is also pending licensure from the State of Texas. Prior to joining our team, Ms. Petty worked as Legal Intern and Law Clerk at a Landlord/Tenant Law Firm in New York. During her time there, she assisted in the representation of numerous housing complexes throughout New York City and the surrounding areas. Ms. Petty has also previously worked as a Legal Intern at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office where she assisted in Insurance Fraud cases and shadowed Assistant District Attorney’s during assault trials..
- Coordinate and submission of TN visa applications on behalf of Deason corporate clientele.
- Preparation of family-based immigration cases, such as Form I-130 family petitions, Form I-485 adjustment of status petitions, and I-601A waivers.
- Support removal defense cases by preparing applications for relief from deportation in the Immigration Courts.
- Preparation of DACA applications.
- Coordinate and submission of H-1B visa petitions on behalf of Deason corporate clientele.
- Worked with principal attorney Dax Deason to obtain dismissal of FLSA lawsuit in the Northern District of Texas.
- H-1B, TN, L-1, and other business visas
- Removal Defense
- Family-Based Green Cards
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University-Juris Doctorate (2020)
- Bryn Mawr College-Bachelor of Arts (2017)