Born into a family of Mexican immigrants in El Paso, Texas, Luis Ceja is employed as a paralegal who supports the Firm’s docket of cases in the California and Texas offices. Prior to joining our team, Mr. Ceja worked as an Insurance Agent and for several other companies as a customer service representative. He also coordinated and volunteered in several fundraisers to support “La Casa del Migrante” and other immigration causes in his hometown. At Deason Law, P.C., Mr. Ceja supports all of the paralegal activities, attends to clients, schedule appointments, calendars matters and otherwise provide administrative support to all cases. Mr. Ceja Luis has always been passionate about helping others and creating art and music. He enjoys a busy life working at Deason Law, P.C., attending college, and spending time with his family.
- Responsible for preparing a wide range of business visa applications with USCIS, including permanent residency, H-1B specialty visa, H-2A agricultural work visas L-1A, L-1B, and Blanket intra-company transfers, and TN visas.
- Assist with preparing family-based immigration cases, including adjustment of status.
- Handle assigned cases and work closely with attorneys and international and national clients to meet deadlines by preparing letters, drafting forms, and organizing legal documents.
- Coordinate intake and consultations with prospective clients.
- Research, locate, and organize client documentation to assist with preparing immigration forms.
- Responsible for communicating with USCIS for case updates or issues with pending cases.
- Research immigration and government regulations, case law, and procedures to support client cases.
- GED 2009
- Pursuing Associate of Arts in Teaching-Houston Community College