Employment Law & Litigation
The firm’s labor and employment practice is managed by Dax Deason, an attorney who is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Many of the Firm’s U.S. and multinational corporate clients look to Deason’s employment law services when they need to resolve
- Wrongful Termination
- Reductions in Force
- Unemployment Claims
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Policies and Handbooks
- Leave of Absences
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Expatriation of Employees Abroad
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Employment Litigation
- Administrative Claims
- Government Audits
- Workers Compensation Discrimination
- Merger and Acquisition Due Diligence
- Employment Contracts
When claims become unavoidable, our firm has the capability to defend employers from administrative, state and federal claims in the various courts. The following matters illustrate some of the Firm’s labor and employment work:
- Successfully represented ranching company to obtain dismissal of Department of Labor wage and hour investigation.
- Litigated largest whistleblower claim before OSHA on behalf of terminated boat captain under the Seamen’s Protection Act.
- Defended Hawaii farmer in one of the largest employment discrimination cases to date which was brought by EEOC on behalf of hundreds of Thai workers.
- Represented construction employer to cancel an order of back taxes filed by the Texas Workforce Commission based on allegations that the company misclassified its construction workers as independent contractors.
- Represented steel company and its automation vendor to resolve claims of employment discrimination under Title VII.
- Aggressively advocated on behalf of Fitness Instructor to defeat threatened litigation based on the illegality of non-compete agreement.
- Litigated numerous federal court claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and Title VII.